Monday, July 13, 2009

Stress Impact in our lives

According to Bernard Seal in his article “coping with stress”, stress most of the time is not caused by things that happen, in some cases it’s more related to people’s reactions and response to stressful events. For this reason it is very important to develop the ability to control our behavior when a difficult situation is coming to us. In fact this will determine the impact that these events have on our lives. Sometimes people not only see the stress as an opportunity to be better, but also as a challenge.
It is normal to experience a range of moods, both high and low, in everyday life. These feelings are a part of life; sometimes, people fall into depressing feelings that persist and start interfering with their ability to complete daily activities.
Recently, much has been reported about stress and its relationship to other health problems, such as heart disease, blood pressure and depression. And today it’s a serious problem for us.
In my experience, two years ago I was suffering from stress; this caused me a serious illness, I lost so much weight, I was depressed, and I was isolated from my loved ones. I have so many things to do, like finish my major, go to work every day, and responsibility for my house. I always felt that I didn’t have enough time. After that I decided to get help from a therapist. I wanted to understand why if I have everything that a normal person wants like family, friends, a good support system, why I’m not happy. It was a difficult period to me.
The therapist helped me a lot; he made me see that I’m a human being, and humans make mistakes. I was trying so hard to be always perfect, to do everything on time, and in the end I realized that I was wasting my time and those things. At that time I was 19 years old, and I was living my life like a woman of 40 years.
But now I’m fine, and very healthy, so I decided to give a change to my life and move to another country and start from 0. I really think that with just our mind we have the control to handle any situation. And like and advice from my experience I can tell that we have to enjoy each day, because each day is a gift.



Seal, B. (1998). Coping with stress. In Academic encounters: Human behavior. (Pp. 15-16). New York: Cambridge University Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment